Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Just a Spot of Tea, Please

Saturday I went somewhere I never visited in Rio. I went with some young women of our church to the Copacabana Fort, where there is, incredibly enough, a tea/coffee house. (Café Colombo) Thus the lovely pot of of tea you see! Although it had been rainy and cool all day, a few of us didn't give up and we had a nice lady's day out! The fort was really quite nice, very clean and very secure! The view of the city was quite spectacular. The chatter was nice and the tea and "crumpets" was fun. It made for a different afternoon/evening. I who live my life doing pretty well what I want when I want, with the full support of my husband, forget how hungry other women can be for the company of like minded women. Not everyone lives as happily content with their life as I do. Even for me, though, it was a lovely outing. We stayed until it was completely dark and then people's husbands started to phone asking "Where are you?". The photo doesn't do justice to the great view of the beach at night.
I decided João and I have another great place to visit on Fridays. Although it is our day off, it's really only about once a month that we really get the whole day for just the two of us to be together (there is usually someone who wants us to go out, a gathering at church, etc. that conspires against a real day off). I suggested that we make a list of things we can do around the city and then kind of work through our "list". The two of us are kind of "stick in the mud", in that we would be happy to just stay home and not see anyone or anything, yet at the same time, we find that going out is much healthier for our "psyches".
By the way, I am sorry for the poor quality of the last few photos in the last two posts. I never remember to carry my camera, so these were snapped with my cell phone. I use my cell phone to listen to the radio, listen to songs, take photos, play games... and when it's really an emergency make a call or two!

No comments: