Thursday, October 18, 2007

Feast or Famine

Just resign yourselves. It's the way I work. 10 days with no posts and then a post everyday for a couple of days. It all has to do with my schedule and with interesting things happening in my life. Actually not too much is happening of earth shattering importance, but you see I have this really cute photo of Mia...
Actually today Gabi, a friend, came over to help upholster my chairs. She painted fabric and then stapled it and we attached the chair pads back. The striped chairs, as opposed to the dark beige chair covers gave the room a whole new air. And yes I know I need something for the wall. These things take time. Gotta find just the right thing for just the right price! In addition you just must see the gorgeous amaryllis that the ladies of the church gave me for my birthday. Aren't they just great? I fell in love with the arrangement immediately. They were definitely chosen by someone who had seen my living room. While I was snapping these photos to show to you, guess you just had to get in the act? Mia, of course. She is not camera shy, but she also isn't ever going to be a top model.
She just can't quite seem to get the hang of posing attractively. She yawns, scratches, washes herself, scratches the furniture, meows (what else coming from her?), but pose she does not! So I was grateful to get this shot of her on the couch. I tried to come in for a close up and it actually turned out half-way decent. The real problem may lie with the photographer! One of her more endearing characteristics is her constant desire for loving. Who can resist a cat who purrs out loud everytime you come near her? And the good news is that she hardly sheds. Even on the white couch she leaves hardly a trace. If I brush her a couple of times a week that helps. So far her lovely pink manicure has held up quite nicely. A friend from church (who does therapy with animals), gave her a pink birdy and she loves it. Currently it is on the lost status, as Mia chases it, throws it in the air, bats it around and then somehow hides it under the furniture. She brings a lot of fun to our household. She may be an older cat, but she hasn't lost her zest for living! Since I am roughly the same age she is, I think I can learn from her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorei as novas fotos. As cadeiras ficaram ótimas! Parabéns! Sua sala está d+!
Bjks