Friday, October 05, 2007

Ok people, what's the deal?

Have you noticed something on my blog? When I was writing about my cat, Mia, I got lots of hits and lots of comments on my blog. When, however, I write about my little mundane life, no comments. Now what is that people? Am I boring?
Actually, just kidding folks. Don't worry. No stress. I just noticed this the other day when I was reviewing my blog. I found it to be interesting that my "widdle baby kitty" generated so much interest.
She really is a joy for me. She cuddles and loves to sit on my lap. One thing she doesn't do is sit with me on the computer. Guess I should be grateful, but I kinda miss that. If I put her on my lap she sits there, however. When I spend too much time on the computer, she yowls in her rusty hinge meow and then I have to go to her and give her love. It's the classic case of the "tail wagging the dog" or in "cat" language, the cat owning the human.
Today is my birthday and I think she was the best present I got this year. I really am enjoying her.
My day is just beginning, however, and I have already gotten a present from husband, opened a package my mom sent back with me in June and received an absolutely perfect sunflower. Pretty cool beginning of my day, huh? Soon Sissy and João and I are off to Outback for lunch- my fav restaurant.
There have been years when I have found my birthday to be sad and depressing. This year I decided to do what I want (like eat toll house cookies instead of icky birthday cake) and ENJOY. I've been to the pool for aqua class. Had cookies and milk for breakfast. Opened presents, answered the phone (in Brazil everyone calls you for your birthday) and read birthday cards online. Been a good morning so far. And it can only get better, right????
So off I go to put on my birthday togs (and not my birthday suit) and enjoy the rest of my day.

P.S. Here I am at Outback enjoying my ice cream dessert, wearing my new blouse. By the way the ice cream was REALLY good. Sissy took the photo so she is not in it, obviously! Hey tell me now, is this really the face of a 55 year old?? (The correct response is NO!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I have a gift for you:

TCHAN TCHAN TCHAN TCHAM:

EU ESCOLHI O NOME DE SUA GATA.
TALVEZ VOCÊ NEM SE LEMBRE DE MIM, MAS MEU NOME É ...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I HAVE A GIFT TO YOU:

I AM GOING TO TELL YOU WHO HELPED YOU WITH MIA'S NAME:

ME!

Anonymous said...

ACHO QUE VOCÊ NÃO SE LEMBRA DE MIM, MAS, MEU NOME É IVANIA KNUPP E MEUS FILHOS DE 6 E 3 ANOS SE CHAMAM, RESPECTIVAMENTE, THALES E BRENO.

VOCÊ PODE VER FOTOS DELES NO ORKUT.

QUE DEUS TE ABENÇÕE MUITO HOJE E SEMPRE.
BEIJOS PARA VOCêS TRÊS.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuu ! We were away for the Thanksgiving weekend, closing up our cottage, always sad. Hope you had a totally awesome Birthday, looks like you did.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to youuuuuu! That looks so good.It was a wet Thanksgiving weekend here, we have been spoiled but I think fall is finally settling in, have to put away my sandals.