Sunday, December 23, 2007

I did make it in safely

Here I are! I made it into the US safely on Tuesday night. I had a less than wonderful experience in NYC at the JFK airport. Trust me, if they offered me a free airplane trip anywhere in the world and I had to go through JFK, I wouldn't take it. Horrible place. I got off the plane, went through police and customs and suddenly you are outside! No directions, no explanations, no nothing. I asked around, and found I had to take and elevator to the trains (with luggage in tow). Half hour wait to get an elevator. And then no idea what floor to get off of, and when I did it was wrong, of course... so another wait for an elevator. I gave up and hauled down the escalators and then found the train station. But which train, in which way, to which terminal???? No signs, nothing. Someone told me which one to get on and where to get off. But it was the wrong level, so more escalators and more elevators. Then I had to stand in line outside (yes I said outside, with no coat on) the terminal because it was too full to get in. Line to get in the terminal. Another line to check in. Another line to turn in the luggage and then ANOTHER line to go through security. So more than 2 hours just to change flights. Ask me if I was happy?
All's well that ends well and I actually took off early and arrived 40 minutes ahead of schedule in Cincinnati.
I was one tired puppy, since we had left home in Rio at 4:30AM and arrived here in the US the equivalent of 1:30AM. I was ready to hit the sack, which I did. I could appreciate being home and seeing my family again the next day, although I did wake up with a cold and fever. I have been kind of under the weather for a couple of days, but who wants to get out and do stuff in the winter anyway?
So I've been quiet and just enjoying the family. Everyone will be in for Christmas eve and Christmas day and I know it will be fun.
In the meantime, back at the ranch, my poor husband has been quite sicker, much sicker than I was with the cold. It's hard to have to be far away from your family in order to be with the rest of your family.
Anyway, that's the scoop! I am here and I am happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you made it safe and sound. Wishing you a wonderful celebration of Jesus birth.Hugs Donna

Anonymous said...

Poor baby; she became a tired puppy!!! Life is not fair!