Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm leaving on a Jet Plane

In about an hour or so I will be heading off to the airport to go home... although that doesn't make much sense. You see, when I left Brazil some days ago it was to come home. So I came home to the US, so that I could go home from the US. Therein lies the dilemma. As they taught me many years ago, the only time I am really happy is on the plane, coming home or going home. It's a strange sensation, as I am always missing someone.
I am not anxious to leave my family here. I am anxious to see my family there...
Yesterday was our 15th wedding anniversary and we both forgot until late last night. Isn't that funny? That, however, does not mean he gets out of a nice dinner somewhere next week, when I finally get rested up.
I should land in Rio around 10:30AM on Monday morning. That evening will be the big New Year's eve celebration at our church. Hope I can stay up that late after an all night plane ride. The church service ends at midnight and then there is a supper. We have been invited out afterwards. I wonder if I'll have the get-up-and-go? We'll see and I'll let you know. Have a Happy New Year.

No comments: