Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Black Hole Where Socks Go

I bet you didn't know we also have a black hole where missing socks go, here in Brazil! I know we do in the US and in Canada. I attributed it to the use of dryers there, thinking that the dryers eat socks, but I don't use a dryer here. Occasionally João's socks go missing in action. Last time I was in the US I bought him an expensive pair of socks (dumb thing to do) to go with an odd colored suit he has. Of course that was one of the socks to go missing. He has one, but not the other one. I looked all over the house, behind the washing machine, in his other drawers, in my sock drawer, etc. But no olive green sock. Sunday he wore a new suit, that is about the same color and I lamented that we didn't have his nice, but missing, sock to wear. (By the way, isn't this fascinating reading all about my husband's wardrobe?)
Today, an odd thing happened as I pulled out a pair of pants to wear. I haven't had them on for a couple of months. As I was walking down the hall, I felt something swinging. I looked around and I had a tail. Yes, an olive green tail. Yes, this is the tale of a tail. But now I come to the tail-end of my tale of a tail. It was his missing SOCK stock to the velcro on the back pocket of my pants. Just had to share my discovery. A real miracle. A missing sock was found. I didn't throw a party, but I did laugh for a long time. The Black Hole where socks go lost out this time.

No comments: