Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Mia

It's been a year now. Mia is celebrating one year with us. I can't even remember when she didn't live with us, so it seems like it's been more than a year in a way. She is so much a part of our routine. Every cat I have had has been special, of course and my current cat is always my favorite, as it should be. Still I must say, I've never had a cat like Mia. She steals everyone's heart. When I get up in the morning I head for the kitchen to "free" her. She sleeps in her very fancy "condo" that you see here. Because she is an emotionally "needy" cat there is no way you can let her roam the house at night, as she meows and cries constantly for affection!
Morning seems to be her "happy" place. She runs like she's possessed and plays with all her toys. She purrs and curls up in my lap and kneeds for a while and when she wears down she takes a nap. In the afternoons she enjoys the sunshine on the porch and then she likes to sit on my computer desk to help me in my work. Eveni
ngs she loves it when we watch TV (which is kinda rare) and she can sit on our laps. In fact, if we would let her cuddle the whole day, I think she would be happy!
I have joked about throwing her a birthday party and thought my husband would have a heart attack. I was just teasing to see his reaction. I even picked up a "dress" for her and offered to make a sardine "cake", but as you can see from her reaction in the photo, that idea was not met with approval. (hehehehe)
Upon examining her vaccination card, I discovered her "real" birthday is October 24th (1999), so I guess I should put off the celebration until then.
I, for one, am grateful to have a pet. I am glad that God gave us animals for us to rule over and to care for. So Happy birthday to Mia. I am glad she came to live with us.

No comments: