Saturday, January 10, 2009

Enjoying the Process

It’s been a challenge the past few days to enjoy the process, not of painting, but of “living”. Besides my sore toe, as I was returning from the dentist on Thursday I tripped in the street and took a full body spill. Nothing broken, but lots of scrapes, bruises and sore muscles. Definitely am not up to doing any exercise these days. Fortunately my appetite still isn’t fully up to par after the problems I had at Christmas. Still, I decided to “enjoy” the fact that I needed to stay  fairly quiet. So I starting drawing slowly from a photo. Then over the last three days I begin adding, layer by layer, watercolor paints. It was fun. I made one consult along the way with my teach (via e-chat). Tonight I finished off the painting until my next class when my teacherBia will help me figure out how to fix the mistakes.  I won’t point them out because you can see them yourself when you look at the photo, but I did have fun.

And while I was enjoying the process, last night we went out with Elly and Bernardo and they shared with us their plans to get married by the end of the year. Isn’t that exciting? That’s very fun news and gives us something to look forward to for the end of the year! Sorry no photo of us, as I forgot my camera. When we get together for dinner with Bernardo’s parents, we’ll be sure to take photos. Keep enjoying!

1 comment:

André Decotelli said...

Who knows someday you will be like a Picasso or Salvador Dali? Unfortunately they just was famous, after die! hehehe...
And be carefull on the streets...your feet will be more happy!

And I'm sorry for my english...i'm still learning...