Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Transformed.com.br

First off, I wanted to share my final version of Bia’s portrait, because although you may not see much difference, I see a world of improvement in the details that make it “her”. That was the result of last night’s class. We also made the decision that I am going to go back and work with pastels, since I only did one project with them. I had such an allergic reaction, I stopped, but now I have masks to use while I work, so I think I should be okay.

Secondly, I wanted to share my excitement over my current writing project, which is a three day Vacation Bible. I have tentatively given it the title of "Transformed.com.br”. I plan on using a “digital” or electronic (computers, video-games, digital cameras, MP3 players, TVs, etc.) kind of theme. The story room will be set up as a LAN HOUSE (perhaps known to you as a cyber-café). The recreation area (ELECTRON) will be like a video-game studio, except the games will be live. I am particularly excited about the live mazes and human tetris games! The craft room will be “Click-click”, like a digital photo album. The opening and closing activities (HOT ZONE) will be led by “Transfomer” Robots, so we will be thinking about the transformational power of the gospel. We’ll be doing stories like Philemon/Onesimus, Peter, the little Sorceress, to emphasize how people changed. In addition we’ll be looking at chameleons, bees, dragonflies, toads and other animals that change colors or metamorphosize. We’ll make robots, make Orkut profiles (like FACEBOOK, but more popular here), do masks and other fun crafts. The ideas are beginning to take shape. I am still researching, but I always get quite excited when things start to have a certain form and I know where I am going with my research. Our music is yet to be written, but I hope it will be very upbeat and “techno” sounding – perhaps led by a giant MP3 player. Doesn’t it all sound like fun? It is right now. This is the easiest part for me – the ideas. Next comes the dirt grinding work of writing it all out so leaders can make it happen. It’s all in my head and jotted down as ideas, but explaining it in details and with illustrations is SO much work. If you have any swell, or even not so swell ideas for activities, games, stories, dramas, skits, decorations, snacks, or crafts, PLEASE, PLEASE, pass them along to me. Through all these fun things, I hope the children really come to understand the total transformational power of the Holy Spirit in their OWN lives.

No comments: