Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Done!

daffodils completedIt’s been a while, but today I finally put the finishing touches on my daffodil watercolor. I usually sign my name as the very last thing, so that once I sign it, I quit working. I am never totally satisfied with a painting and my tendency is to just keep going back and overworking a painting. With watercolors, that is fatal. The paper is sensitive and easily ruined.  There are even a couple of areas that are rather opaque and the whole purpose of watercolors is to be transparent.

Nevertheless, I am happy with the final result. Also I am just plain glad to be finished. I like finalizations. I like completion. I am not much for ambiguities. I dislike books that don’t really end. I really dislike choruses in church that don’t really end (where you just sort of fade out repeating the last part).

But now that I am done, I am itching to start something new. Just haven’t decided what. There are so many options!  So have a look at the month long progress of the painting. daffodils compared

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done. You do really good work.