Sunday, August 22, 2004

Always on a Sunday

Sundays are always busy for us. This was no exception. Today I preached at one of our neighbour churches, Pleasant Park, as they are currently without a pastor. We really liked the pastor there and will miss him a lot. He accepted a church back in Nova Scotia, in his hometown. I tried to share an encouraging, as well as challenging message to the people. I’ve spoken there a number of times, so I know the people pretty well.
Since their worship was at 10:00, I was able to attend most of our 9:00 service and get back in time for most of our 11:00 service. Of course I missed Sunday School, but I had a substitute teacher stand in. After church I made lunch for the kids, as we continue to rehearse for our youth service in Sept. They have such a good time, it is infectious. From sitting around the lunch table talking, to practicing our worship songs, they are just a great group of kids. They are really excited about the worship, hoping that their friends will come. Will you pray about that with us? Our group of kids is small – we have 5-7, but they really are making this an opportunity to reach their friends. Today we even decided to add in the use of helium balloons and homemade matching t-shirts. Sounds like fun, huh? It did make for a long day for me, since we finished practicing at 4:30! So I am going to kick back and relax a little. João is taking someone to the airport at 5:00 tomorrow morning. Better him than me.

No comments: