Monday, August 16, 2004

Good-bye Bela

Weekends are busy around this place. We had a wedding on Saturday and that went well, although it's such a different experience to do a wedding for people who aren't from our church. It's strange not to know anyone.
One sad note, for me, is that Bela, my foster cat has gone back to her original home in Alberta, Canada. In two months I got really attached and I miss her affectionate nature. Sadik has looked for her all over the house and sat on me for about two hours this evening. That's not characteristic, so I think he's lonely.
Sunday, however, was a good day, as we had two good services today. After church, I had rehearsal with the youth for our youth service in September after classes start again. It's going to be cool! We start off with a hip-hop cheer. We are doing drama and other unusual things. I made lunch for the kids and we sat and talked for about 2 hours. We had such a good time. They are really good kids. Our prayer is that this service will help them grow spiritually and bring their friends into church.

This is sweet little Bela

No comments: