Friday, January 04, 2008

For Unto Us a Book is Published

It's here, it's here! The Vacation Bible School I wrote over the last few years has been published and is in print. Today they gave João a copy as he was walking (while I was in aqua class) at the WMU office. I could hardly wait to get it home and look it over. I was so excited. For those who don't read Portuguese, the title is: "Adventures in God's Forest" and it's a VERY Brazilian book, full of information about the Amazon region.
To accompany the book, is a CD with the Cantata that João wrote the lyrics to many years ago. We finally found the perfect venue for this beautiful story of God's creation and redemption. A former co-worker from the WMU wrote the music and it's just great. The tunes are very Brazilian and easy to sing. I have put an mp3 player link at the top of left column. Just click on the pink arrow in the mp3 player and you'll hear our favourite song on the CD. It is the song: "Paradise" that has the children and Adam singing about how happy Paradise was. I think you will enjoy it. João and I sat and listened to the CD several times. We just can't help marveling over the joy of seeing our "child" being born. It is such a wonderful sensation. And so exciting that I just had to share it with you. Hope you enjoy it too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !! It looks wonderful and the clip is really good. OH and by the way the weather thing is there, down the left side a ways right above the black kitty. D