Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Loopdy Loop

Digitalizar0008

Today I had another deep scale gum treatment and it was as pleasant as I remembered it from the last time (did you note my sarcasm there?). Last week I had smashed up my upper lip and nose on my marble dresser (and nothing was broken thankfully) in the middle of the night, so now I get to have pain in the top and bottom of my mouth. I took something for the pain and have slept some off and on and am feeling slightly loopy. I did, however, work some on my black and white tulip drawing and have pretty well decided to call it quits. I will have my prof take a look-see and correct anything she thinks is major. I like it a lot, but then the important thing is the composition and I stole that from a picture I found on the internet. I don’t know what I did before the internet when I needed to research things.

Speaking of pictures and research, I recently ordered about nine new books from Amazon.com (yeah internet again!) to take on vacation. Yip, the month of May is arriving and around the 20th or so our vacation starts. We are planning on vacationing in Curitiba, about 12 hours south of here. The photo to the left is of the cystal palace in Curitiba. It's a greenhouse. We both have always liked the city and as we begin to think of retiring, we want to explore places where we might like to live. Definitely not Rio de Janeiro! Too many people, too much traffic, too much crime, too much heat and not enough quality of life. Through friends we have found a nice house just outside of Curitiba, where we can read and write and I can paint to my heart’s content. There will be a lot of churches we can visit and even friends to see. Fun, fun, fun vacation is coming!!! I love having some time with my husband just for “me” and being able to just be quiet. I know that’s not most people’s idea of fun, but it is for us.

Well I hope I made sense and tomorrow I don’t have to edit out this entry. Have a good night and I hope tomorrow I can open my mouth and talk and most importantly eat again.

No comments: