Friday, March 26, 2010

Good News

Imagem010For those who have followed the story of Mia and her corneal ulcers, I have good news. The vet ophthalmologist gave her a good report today. He said the ulcers are almost healed. One more week of intense treatment and if all goes well this week, next week we’ll start working on the scar tissue that has formed. That treatment can only be done after there is no more ulceration, as the medicine helps dissolves the scars, but would worsen the ulcer. She kind of looks like she has a cataract right now. The interesting thing is that there are only two pharmacies in the city that make her new meds, which are specially formulated for her. I had begun to think she was just never getting well after six weeks of meds and consults. I am so glad she has had such good care and this week she has really shown how much better she feels as she has run and jumped and even chased after her toys.
I have been making progress on my writing, although I am not totally sure I can finish it by Wednesday.  I just keep getting interrupted by life and other things. I mean we have to eat and we have to have clean clothes and all that stuff.
If I even find time next week, I should write about Elly’s wedding shower, which is tomorrow. I think it will be fun and lovely. All the duties were nicely divided up, so no one had to do too much, which is nice.
I had a re-arranging attack this week and I moved furniture around from one room to another and then turned around everything in my bedroom. That was good for me, as I needed a change.
My current reading (listening) book is so interesting and at the same time technical. It is called "Anticancer, A New Way of Life".  I have lots to go, as I just started it this week.  I think the author is really on to something as he talks about lifestyle influencing cancer treatment. I have already been deeply moved by a wonderful story in the first chapter. But it’s late and I’ll tell you about that later. Better yet, get the book and read it. Have a good weekend, I know I will.

No comments: