Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Done

Today I put the final touches on the pastel I've been working on for about a week and applied the fixative. Sometimes you just need to stop, although you know there is a lot you could still do. Enough is enough. Especially since I think I AM allergic to the pastels, because I am coughing a lot. I plan on getting a dust mask if I do anymore work on pastels. I really love working with them. This week we are moving on to watercolors and I hope I enjoy them as much, as I am sure they won't give me the bad reaction I've had with pastels. It's been a learning process, that's for sure. I am glad I will never need to make my living at this. It's very time consuming.
Today is the date most Americans vote. I see on my tiny little poll that my readers do NOT agree with the official pollsters. I think it will be a long night of tabulating votes and probably only tomorrow will we really know. But I've been fooled before. I remember back in 1980 Mom and I went out to shop around 7PM and by the time we got back Dad told us that Reagan had already been declared the winner. No one saw that happening, I don't think. Seems like yesterday and yet so much has changed in the world since then. So let's just sit back and see what happens today.
Oh and hey, I am a needy (emotional) artist. Do you like my lilacs, daisies, roses and eucalyptis leaves vase?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like it ! Donna