Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Making a List and Checking it Once

Whew! imageToday I got to check off two things from my “to-do” list. I finished and sent off the translation into Portuguese of the Baptist Women’s World Day of Prayer Program. That’s always a challenge, although I will confess that this year it was easier for me since the originals were in English. Sometimes there are so many mistakes, the English so confusing that I feel like I am making it up as I go along. There were times I would read and contemplate a sentence for over 20 minutes trying to make heads or tails of it. This year things made sense to me. Then again, it was prepared by a Canadian! Only a couple of times did I have to sort of rewrite or edit for things to make sense in the Brazilian culture. The program actually touched me and at times I had to stop and pray about what I was reading/writing.tres ministros framed

I also picked up at the framing shop and then turned into the arts director at our church my drawing of the three ministers.  This isn’t the greatest shot, as it was still wrapped in plastic and I needed to leave it as such to carry it to church. You can even see me snapping the photo. I’ll try to get a photo of it along with the rest of the art exposition at Church. The title is “TOGETHER” .

Both things are a big load off my shoulders. Now on to prepare my lecture to the youth on Saturday morning and then my Bible study about the disciples Philip and Nathanael, for my English group. Gotta get with the program. Oops, and now it’s time to go to my art class.

No comments: