Monday, August 03, 2009

SURVIVAL MODE

Imagem014

Hey, that’s me at the gym working out. Check out the blurry legs. I am going at it at about 5.5 KM an hour. All three of us had some sore muscle issues in the first couple of days, especially after our initial evaluation. After the thorough evaluation, we each received our personal training program. Me I am doing 30 minutes of treadmill and about that of weight machines. I told the teacher I was terrified of hurting myself, so he took it pretty easy with me. I wasn’t sure how I would feel about working out on the machines, but so faImagem016r I actually like them. In just a couple of days, I have already moved up the weights just a tiny bit on some of the machines. I hope we can keep up the schedule. We took the weekend off and João went back the gym today.

Friday afternoon I had a fairly invasive exam and over the weekend I didn’t feel the greatest. Since the doctor suggested I get light rest, I took her at her word and have been trying to do that. Tomorrow I’ll try going back, but today I was so so tired from Sunday, I thought I should probably keep on take it easier today.

Sunday was just grand. We initiated our 125th anniversary celebrations. Everything went off quite smoothly and there was an excitement in the air. I am especially pleased about the Journey of 125. We want 125 people to read the Bible in 125 days. Won’t that be great if we succeed? There is so much happening this month, I am going to be really busy. So I think I’ll be heading into survival mode.

No comments: