Friday, August 07, 2009

Who Could Ask for Anything More?

I love the movies, but hardly ever go, for a lot of reasons. Today, however, when João suggested we go to see a movie on our day off, I was really surprised. contador de historias He is not a movie-goer at all. It’s not just the expense, either. Most movies these days are violent, dirty, sad, or stressful. This movie was none of those! It is a Brazilian movie and I highly recommend it, if you get a chance to see it. I know in Ottawa they show Brazilian movies at the Bytown. It will probably have the title of “The Story Teller”. It is based on a true story and is so inspiring. It’s about a child raised in the “state sponsored orphanage” and considered incorrigible, beyond recuperation. Except that he has his life changed by a French woman who loved him and adopted him. It is an amazing story of patience. I loved the movie and I think you would too.

Besides going to the movie, he took me out to dinner at TGIF’s and I loprivateved my supper. After supper and the movie, we then did shopping at the mall. And, now hold on to your hat, I got two new pair of shoes! They are Clark’s one of my favorite brands, which I didn’t even know they sold in Brazil. My feet were killing me, so I put on a new pair and got a while new wind to keep on shopping. I had the humph to visit three bookstores. Those of you who know my husband, know that it takes real stamina to accompany him at a bookstore! As a bonus to him, he found a collection of books that he was anxious to obtain, and they had 20% off. It is “A History Of Private Life”.

So who could ask for anything more? Time with my husband. A good movie. Enjoyable food. New books. New shoes. Total relaxation.

PS: My sister actually took the time to google the movie and its title in English is "The Story of Me". I found a synopsis online if you'd like to read it, at the emovie guide.

No comments: