Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Drum Roll, Please!

The good news! My refrigerator still works. Tonight I went grocery shopping and filled it with food. My husband looked at it tonight and said: “I am so glad to have my life back. I felt like a caveman.” I nearly died laughing. I swear he suffered more than I did and I had to try juggle daily shopping and cooking with no left-overs. I especially missed milk and yoghurt (sorry to gross out my lactose intolerant friends).
Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!: A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)After prayer meeting, we went to the grocery store tonight. I don’t usually shop after 10PM, for a lot of reasons. Not the least of which is the danger factor of being out late in Rio, plus me being older than dirt and falling apart after 10PM. Tonight, I just felt like it. And what a great idea. It was like empty and NO lines. Do you know how rare it is to grocery shop here in Rio without playing bumper carts and standing in line 30-40 minutes? That’s the basic reason why I mostly shop at the tiny corner store or the fruit market. Which means I can’t get my organic tea and coffee as well as Peter Pan Peanut Butter and the like. But tonight I spent R$400 and got all that stuff I needed and wanted, like organic chicken and paper towels and three ply toilet paper, that for some strange reason the fruit market doesn’t carry. Ha!
Standing in the Rainbow (Ballantine Reader's Circle)So here it is nearly midnight and I’m not quite sleepy enough to hit the sack, besides which I am having a hard time putting down my second Fannie Flagg novel this month. Right now it is “Welcome to the World, Baby Girl”. Earlier it was “Standing in the Rainbow”. Love these books, although they have left me sleep deprived.
But as for the drum roll, that will actually have to happen tomorrow. Promises to be busy, as I prepare to preach tomorrow night for the 75 anniversary of the Woman’s Missionary Union of a neighboring church (Itacuruça). But the big news is, God willing, I should finish my memorization of the book of Philippians. Do you think I will? Do I deserve a big drum roll if I do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you hear that drum rolling?